Please read below our rules and safety regulations that must be followed at all times at both of our gyms.
You can also read this detailed PDF version of our rules and expectations of customers around COVID-19 restrictions:
- You must obey directions from CIRC staff at all times. Refusal to do so can result in you being asked to leave.
- If you refuse to fill out our waiver form, you will not be allowed to climb.
- Children must be supervised at all times, in all areas of the gym.
- Please always check in at the counter before climbing, even if you have a membership and don’t need to pay.
- Our designated training areas may only be used with staff permission and must be over the age of 16 years.
- Bullying won’t be tolerated under any circumstances, the owner will be contacted and you may be asked to leave.
- Shoes and shirts must be worn at all time.
- Please clean up after yourself in our bathrooms and kitchens.
- Please notify CIRC staff of any loose or spinning holds.
- Check and make sure you have all your belongings before leaving our gyms. CIRC is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
- If you have any confusion or uncertainty regarding our rules and safety procedures, please ask CIRC staff for help.
Belaying, Top-Roping & Lead Climbing
- You must be 10 years old or older to belay for another climber.
- Even if you are an experienced climber, if you are filling out a waiver form and climbing at CIRC for the first time, you must go through a belay lesson with a staff member.
- You must follow all rules and procedures outlined in our belay lessons while top-roping.
- Do not take photos while belaying. Please ask CIRC staff or another visitor who is not belaying to take photos for you.
- Even if you are an experienced lead climber, you may not lead in our gyms without a CIRC issued lead pass. Please ask a staff member about acquiring one if you are interested, or contact us online.
- We do not recommend climbing in harnesses that are more than six years old.
- Children must be supervised at all times in the bouldering caves.
- If you see people training in the bouldering area please DO NOT let your children in the bouldering area. This area is first and foremost for training.
- Our Mitchell upstairs bouldering area is a restricted area for people 16 years or older.
- Our tension board at Mitchell is restricted for people 16 years or older. Younger squad members may use the board with coach supervision or permission from a staff member.
- Please ensure you have paid or checked in at the front desk before you begin bouldering.
- Do not climb, stand, or sit underneath other climbers while they are bouldering.
- You must move the portable mats underneath you to cover any gaps between the floor mats beneath your climb. Failure to do so can result in an injury. If all mats are being used, please wait for one to become available.
- We recommend that you boulder with a friend to spot you. Proper spotting involves guiding a falling climber toward a mat and preventing injuries, NOT catching a falling climber.
- Traversing is permitted in top-roping areas, so long as you are mindful of other climbers and do not climb above the second wall panel.