Canberra Indoor Rock Climbing is excited to announce that we will be hosting a climbing competition open to all members of our youth squads to participate in, sponsored by Mont Adventure Equipment. The comp will be held at our Mitchell gym on Saturday March 2nd, which is CIRC’s 20th anniversary. It also marks 20 years of running our training squads, which have inspired a passion for climbing in many of Canberra’s youth and helped to foster a strong climbing community in the region.
The comp will be an all-day event, followed by an evening of free climbing for the Canberra community to celebrate 20 years of business.
The primary purpose of the comp is for squad members to have fun and learn about competition formats, but in a familiar setting. The competition entry fee will be $5.00, and we will provide any gear that competitors need. Spectators are welcomed and encouraged. We want to foster a positive, fun environment for the kids, so please come cheer them on!
- Rock Rats (Ages 5 and under)
- Rock Rats (Ages 6-9)
- Geckos (Female)
- Geckos (Male)
- Rock Squad (Female)
- Rock Squad (Male)
Schedule of events
- 8:30 am – Registration for Rock Rats
- 9:00 am – Start for Rock Rats (45 mins of bouldering/ 45 mins of top-roping)
- 10:30 am – Registration for Geckos
- 11:00 am – Podiums for Rock Rats, start for Geckos (1 hour of bouldering/ 1 hour of top-roping)
- 12:30 pm – Registration for Rock Squad
- 1:30 pm – Podiums for Geckos, start for Rock Squad (1 hour of bouldering/ 1 hour of top-roping/ additional time for lead climbing)
- 4:00 pm(ish) – Podiums for Rock Squad
- 4:30pm-close – Free entry and climbing to celebrate our 20th anniversary
In addition to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for all categories, there will be lucky door prizes, all provided by Mont. We will have a BBQ running and food available all day.
We ask that you please RSVP for the squad comp. Let us know if you are coming on our Facebook event page, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can let us know if you are attending the free climbing night here, but it’s not necessary. Please note that the evening of free climbing is only happening at our Mitchell gym.